Be safe around electricity! Here are a few helpful tips to remember!
- Don't touch an electric switch with wet hands!
- Never overload outlets with too many plugs!
- Never plug in an electric cord that is frayed!
- Don't use electrical equipment outdoors in the rain!
- Never use water to put out electrical fires!
- Don't stand under trees or telephone poles during a storm!
- Stay away from fallen electrical lines!
- Fly kites in open fields away from electrical lines!
- Stay out of the water during a thunderstorm!
- Stay away from substation fences!
- Do not throw rocks at utility line insulators or transformers!