Costs associated with cooling your home can make up a large portion of your summer electric bills. Stay cool and save money with these energy efficiency tips!
- Close blinds and drapes during the day to keep heat out.
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees when you are home. Set it to a higher temperature when you’re away.
- Turn off lights and ceiling fans when you leave a room.
- Plant trees and shrubs to shade the exterior of your home.
- Replace disposable air filters (or clean permanent filters) once a month to maximize efficiency.
- Use solar lighting to brighten up your outdoor space. Solar lights are easy to install, low maintenance and provide free electricity.